Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Adventures In Idaho Falls

Well, if you haven't been to Idaho Falls, you are missing out. Just 5 years ago I would not have said that, but as time passes more and more adventures are built. This includes the new river walk and a zoo where you can see the famous "Feline Domesticus". We opted for the River Walk where you can also feed the ducks. Though the Falls are nothing new, it is still the best attraction by far.



Here is a rare shot of me. I am usually manning the camera, but I gave in this once to make sure that my existence was documented. My cute boy was having a blast.


These two have become quite the pair. Ethan is (and before I say this let me prep you by saying we are the ultimate Mormon/American family :) Gabe's second cousin, my great nephew. Ethan is a year older, and Gabe is twice as gullible. Ethan has brilliant ideas (like jumping off bunk beds) and Gabe as willing and ready to test them out. Like I said, quite a pair.

K, so railings are not so safe anymore. What kid is going to pass up climbing the railing? It isn't so much the climbing that worries me, it is the cliff on the other side, and Gabe's question to Uncle/Grandpa (whatever applies to whomever is reading this) Todd wondering if he can slide down the waterfalls. Of course, Uncle Todd's response had to be "Well, maybe not slide, you would need a tube."


We are curious as to if IF will ever pave this walkway in it's classic gravel pavement. Oddly enough, that is a new way for me to define Utah and Idaho, Gravel or Asphalt roads.


Yes, every kid goes through this in my family. Uncle Todd will always find a way to "throw you over". Balcony, banister, cliff, these are all suitable to be thrown over.

After the water falls we had a bon fire at Aunt/Grandma Terri's house. The boys, who never sit still for anything, watched the fire intently for a good hour. I half expected them to bang their chests and grunt.

Roasting smores and Starbursts. Smores are delightful, if done right. Melted Starburst are a great invention, thank you girls camp:) Due to some slightly sticky mass on the side of the fire pit and a burnt finger from a bubbling starburst, I have been banned until further notice from roasting anything.

Yes I know what you are thinking. A 2 yr old and a double spear. This has child protective services written all over it. He did pretty good though, after flicking ash all over Terri and I.


I was openly mocked about my inability to roast a marshmallow without lighting it on fire. Apparently burnt marshmallows will cause cancer :) Here is Todd showing me how it is done. Apparently the recipe is patience and the right hot spot in the fire. I have no patience, therefore lighting it one fire is the quickest way to eating it for me.

3 comments:

Kelly Robinson said...

That looks like so much fun...I loved smores at girls camp.

Smith Family said...

fun fun!in 34 years of life and countless days in Idaho.... I have yet to actually walk the Temple River path :) Maybe we should do that adventure next time we are up :)

Anonymous said...

It's David Contreras (your nephew in case you have any friends with the same name)I miss you guys and if you want to text me my number is 538-6661 I don't want to give the area code because i don't know much about blogs or who reads them and don't want to be called by strange number.Oh and this is my phone number. And I cant wait to see your new house in Idaho but tell everyone I said hi.