Thursday, June 2, 2011

Name them one by one

I have been feeling like this roller coaster that is my emotions has had some extra loops in it lately. Hector and I sold 80% of our furniture to downsize to our new condo. We really patted ourselves on the back at what we had managed to get rid of. Until the moving truck come that is.

My stress and panic first set in when our wonderful elders quorum shoved the last thing that would fit into the back of the moving truck, and I then turned around to decide what to do with our bedroom dresser, dining room chairs, about 20 boxes, Gabe's bedroom furniture.... and the list goes on.

I was so worried, we had to be out THAT day and all the Uhaul offices were closed. Insert my Sister and Bro-in-law (aka blessing number one). There they were, with a 10 ft trailer ready to haul it to my house and never looking twice at the amount of gas/time it would take them on their Memorial Day weekend.

We got here. SAFE. Through wind gusts of 50 mph. Another blessing. The 13 Elders Quorum members who showed up to unload us... TWICE. Another blessing.

And as I sit here, after hours and hours of unpacking. Multiple times rearranging everything to make it all fit. A few arguments with my hubby. I feel like I am so blessed and so stressed all at the same time.

I am back at square one with baby weight; look at my beautiful baby asleep next to me. Wouldn't trade the skinniest thighs in the world for him.

Look how packed my condo is, quite the change from my home; we are warm, comfortable and TOGETHER. And I wouldn't trade the lesson I learned about mortal possessions being irrelevant in the big picture for anything.

My 3 yr old is driving me crazy!!!; I have the best toddler who can go for a week with zero attention...I MEAN ZERO, and still have plenty of hugs and kisses and forgive me on the spot.

The market is dropping, housing is dropping, jobs are dropping; I am so looking forward to the day when our world is new and clean and our Savior is here again.

I hope everyone out there is counting their blessings as often as I have been this week. You have a lot of them. Even when they are sometimes spelled T-R-I-A-L-S.

1 comments:

Julie said...

Beautifully said Kim - would you mind if I used this in one of my YW lessons?