Monday, July 11, 2011

Gratitude

I read an interesting quote this morning. It made me think.


I am a true believer in having an attitude of gratitude. In fact, last night as I was laying in bed I was thinking (and feeling guilty) about how I need to think about all the things I am grateful for more often.


I was also thinking about how the past couple weeks have been so busy and with a few sick kids around our house, we didn't go to church. I felt guilty about that. I really look at all my blessings and I really have no idea how I deserve them.


So here is the quote today that made me happy.


What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?


Hmmm. At first this made me feel guilty.


Then I reflected on my prayer last night. If this quote really happened, then I would have woke up with:


1. My wonderful Husband


2. My kids


3. My food storage and the knowledge of what I need to help my family live and thrive in the last days.


4. The knowledge of what I want in life (how should my Hubby know what i want if i don't know what I want?)


5. The Church


6. My Baby sleeping through the night


7. Our little lovely condo


8. Peace in our home and family.


9. Sunday afternoons playing games with my kids.


10. We woke up safe.


What I would not wake up with? My storage room full of possessions I don't need, TV shows that mean nothing to me and so much more that I stress about during my day. These items I would have may seem small to everyone else, but this is all I would need.


So in my attitude of gratitude, I am thankful for prayer.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

You are the best Kim. Thank you for that reminder- I needed that today.