Friday, January 15, 2010

The Masterpiece

This is it. The long awaited Contreras' Family Picture. Turned out lovely don't you think? Being a photographer myself means that there is never anyone to stand behind the camera when it is MY families turn. So my sis Terri came down for the holidays and I think she did a very nice job.



Don't we look good? I think we may be trying a little too hard to make this one look non-engagement though :) Word of advice. Winter pictures are not fun. It is VERY cold and you rarely have a nice coat for the pictures so you just grin and bare the burning in your toes that are about to fall off.

What a stud! He pulls this face all the time! I was so glad I could catch it on film... well digital film:) He did a great job for pics. I got him ready, sat him on the couch and told him not to move until pictures. Aside from the excitement of Todd's truck roaring around our street corner, he did pretty well.

Ah, Alexandria. She is so easy to stand still for the camera, unlike Gabe. But she is at that awkward stage that most mothers know, the one where they can't smile a natural smile? I have to tell all the girls I photograph to think about their boyfriends, which usually get s a grin the first time, but the second? Then your lucky to make it out alive.

So beautiful.

She did a great job. She is from AZ, so this weather is unlike what she ever see's. This was much more painful for her than it was for us.




Terri told him to cross his legs. This is him trying to figure out what that means.


Love you Dude!







5 comments:

Laura said...

Gorgeous, as usual! Love them ALL!

Kim said...

Beautiful!

metcalfruf said...

i am thinking of getting a new camera. you need to tell me what you use! also you can come and take our fam's photo too!!

Bre said...

Hey Kim!

What a beautiful family you have! Of course I remember Jonna. She and my dad still talk, I believe.

What kind of questions do you have? Feel free to email me at markandbre@gmail.com

Bre-

OnlineGuy said...

These are so cute Kim! What a good lookin family! :)