Monday, January 18, 2010

Miracles

We have not even put the key in the ignition of our Blazer for over a year. It needed some part replaced3 years ago before it would pass safety to register. I distinctly remember working up my most evil glare at the Jiffy Lube attendant when he brought me the "failed" safety report, until he said my tires would fall off if I didn't fix it.
So there is sat. Not worth the expense to fix. So we decided 3 days ago we would sell it. I put an ad on KSL, and then watched as my ad dropped from page 1 to page 22 in 2 hours. Beat that Earnhardt.
1600 cars for sale, I didn't like our odds.
But today I got a call. I heard the magical words of "I am calling about your Blazer?" over the phone. The guy wanted to come right then to see it and drive it.
Great. A year in the garage, how bad can it be? Well, if you ever wonder where all the spiders go to escape the winter? They go to my old car. It looked like a spiders spring break in Miami. Not to mention the grass clippings, dust and old crumbs.
The thing that covers the spare tire kept falling off and while I was trying to quickly duct tape it on, he pulled in to look at it. I sheepishly put my tapCheck Spellinge in my pocket and pulled out my sweetest smile to see how far it would get me.
After waiting 20 minute for the jumper cables to charge the battery enough to start it, he drove it to his mechanic. When he came back, he held a list that would rival Santa's. After hearing about the brakes, A/C, tire rods, idle arms, oil leaks and a few others, he bought it.
For only $500 less than what we wanted. I could have paid him $10 to take it and I would have thought I had gotten a steal. What a blessing! What a miracle, for him too if it makes it to St. George.

0 comments: