Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Leave it to me

I have been know for chasing mail/garbage trucks down the street in my pajama's. I'm not so much of an early riser and I pay price in holey socks and my unsupported girls bouncing about for the neighbors to see. I have also gone door to door asking about my neighbors abilities to pick locks on doors. Apparently burglarizing isn't on their resume. I am afraid I have out done myself this time.
On a beautiful, sunny Saturday, I was in the kitchen counting the minutes before I knew my significant other would bound through the door, golf clubs in hand and a gleaming smile on his face. Since our new home sits on one of the better courses in Idaho Falls, it is like a moth to a flame when he looks out our windows.
After he announced he would succumb to the urge, I kissed him goodbye and went on to clean out my closet.
My phone rang 30 minutes later and my man was on hole number 2, which happens to tee off out our bedroom window. And so a tradition has begun that Mom and Gabe always run out to wave him on and wish him luck in his gallant efforts of a hole in one.
I took Gabe to the door in my bedroom that leads to the back porch. Unlocked the dead bolt, TURNED the knob, walked out with my son and shut the door.
I should insert a note here that I am assuming that the green is to far away for any other passing golfers to see my pajama's, bare feet, mangy hair, and ... no bra.
We waved and cheered and kissed goodbye. Then turned to go into the house. The door handle is locked. Crap.
All the doors are locked. No code to the garage. My husband is long gone down the green. My cell phone safely inside on my dresser. Not again.
So, I picked my son up, trudged barefoot through the dry canal. I began walking as fast as possible toward the clubhouse to call Hector to get his keys. I did my best to keep 'the girls' still and an apologetic smile on my face to passing golfers who I am sure wondered if there was a nut house nearby or something.
Then I saw him. My night in shining armor, though his steed was replaced by a golf cart, my husband has never looked so sexy.
My vision was interrupted when he yelled "What are you doing??!!"
I smiled sheepishly and began my story.
One embarrassing cart ride to the club house. I got the keys and drove home.
In an unrelated note, I will be looking into surgically attaching my bra to my body.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That is the best story ever! It just made me smile, you are so fun and such a cute mommy and wifey! :)

Our Familary Medley said...

oh my good lord I laughed so hard! Kim you are the greatest bloggerer ever! I love that I can bond with you over these moments. Maybe I'll start posting my "are you kidding me!?" stories as well. LOVE YA!

jpete777 said...

Just think of all the great stories Gabe will have to share when he's older...and made it through counseling!

Kelly Robinson said...

Another thought....if you can't get your bra surgically attached hide a key outside somewhere.