Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things I have learned this week...

I realize that my posts are usually long. I also get distracted when typing and have found myself going so far off on a tangent, I end up telling a different story than I intended to. So I decided to make this post sweet and simple. I am going to list a few things I have learned this week.

1. Michael Jordan really is magic. Even his shoes have allowed my son to make 2 shots in the basket on his bedroom door. I now need some magic to get him to take them off.

2. People jump to do what you ask if there are cupcakes involved. "People" include children, family members, and truck drivers.

3. I live in a small town. I know this because our moving company hires outside companies to pack, drive, unload, assemble, and pick up boxes. All of these are done by "3rd parties". 3 different companies were hired. All of these jobs were done by the same 3 guys. Anyone seen that episode of I Love Lucy?

4. I live on the tee box of hole number 2 on a golf course. It takes a lot for someone to hit our house with a ball.

5. Yes, some golfers are that bad.

6.You can accomplish a lot of damage with 1 drill.

7. Caulk fixes everything.

8. A head cold is considered a "preexisting condition" to our new insurance company.

9. Everyone in our neighborhood drives an Escalade that is either red, black or ivory.

10. I no longer like Escalades.

11. Perhaps tearing open a box of baby clothes that my sister sent me like it was full of hundred dollar bills means I am baby hungry?

12. That yelling "NO!" to a child who has been sitting quietly and getting messy usually causes more of a mess when he is scared and jumps, spilling is messy creation all over everything. Perhaps a calmer approach would be better.

13. Garbage cans are smaller in Idaho.

14. Garbage cans disappear when it is windy outside.

15. There is nothing more attractive than me in my sweats walking the neighborhood to find my garbage cans. Especially when those Escalades drive by :)

16. My new lotion makes my skin really soft. I love it.

17. Special things happen to my husband when he compliments my soft skin.

18. My son's new interest is whatever drives down the street that day. This week it is street cleaners. I wish someone would drive by with their children picking up toys, wiping their own bums, and saying please and thank you's. For now I guess I will have to continue coaching him.

Well, that pretty much says what me week entailed. It was small and simple, well, valuable, but simple. Hope everyone had a good week too!

0 comments: