Thursday, June 3, 2010

I need to vent.

I have had a bad day. That is an understatement. I will not go into details about my bad day, you all have had them and I am sure you don't need to live mine too. I will just take it out on my husband, who happens to not be home a this moment, by eating the almonds and cashew from his mixed nut can in his dresser. Not so mixed when there is only peanuts left. I will however ask if there is anyone out there that shares my frustration with shopping.

At any point while walking through the mall with NO extra money to spend, I will be able to gather a large pile of clothing and shoes that I love. It is excruciating to have to put them back.

At any point while walking through the mall WITH extra funds specifically set aside for new clothes, I cannot find anything cute enough to buy. Even if an item was included in the afore mentioned pile of clothing, it has suddenly lost its appeal.

Does this happen to anyone else? I am looking for shoes and shorts. I have not purchased either of them in the last year, and I think it has been 2 years since I looked at shorts. Of course I found the perfect pair of shorts, and of course they were $70.00...... ON SALE.
Can you see why I am frustrated? Anyone have any suggestions of places to look?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I feel your frustration... do you have a Shade nearby? I just bought my first pair of shorts in 4 years from there. They are $40 (more than I'd like to spend) but they are long enough without looking Grandma-ish. Good luck!

Mike and Becca said...

oh my gosh that is so funny. I really do feel your pain. It's funny how cute things are when you can't get them and how they all the sudden aren't as cute when you can get them. I don't really have any helps for you. I'm a ross and tj maxx shopper but also staring to do downeast basics. they are pretty reasonable. Anway- good luck (becca, your old visting teacher)