Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Dinosaur Museum

We took a trip to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point last month. My good friend Jamie moved back to Utah, and closer to us:) We decided we were going to try and take our boys out and experience as much as they can this winter. While also getting as much energy out as possible.

The Dinosaur museum was great! This was totally up Gabe's ally. He isn't really into dinosaurs, unless they are about to eat something. For this reason, the Velocoraptor is his favorite. But before we saw any dinosaurs we played in the discovery center.

This table was Jamie's boys favorite. In fact I think Brigham played here, and only here the whole time :) Hmmm... I think a table that spins random objects off at incredibly high speeds will be the perfect gift for Jamie this year.







Thankfully all of our boys get along great together. They all talk a lot, are very outgoing, and love to run, scream, and get dirty!!




Landon just chilled. He was so great the whole time. Love you Gordo!!


I thought this was so cool! That is an actual paleontologist!! The boys were like "Awesome. An old dude dusting." and I felt awkward with my nose to the glass staring with no kids around me. So we moved on.


This is Gabe being a Velocoraptor. (Note to Nicole... I guess our children really take after us huh? :)



I couldn't get the whole long neck in the picture! I have never seen dinosaur bones before either, so this was awesome! They were huge!!


Lot's of red eye in my pictures this time, sorry. This huge magnetic puzzle would have been fun, if the kids were strong enough to pull them off the magnet board.



Totally the best part!! The water, the sand, the boys loved this.


Gabe and Tucker in the water and sand. So cute! Jamie says Tucker refuses to smile for pictures. Not sure what her problem is, cause he smiles just fine for me.


Brigham, Tucker, and Gabe on top of... I have no idea. Sorry. Dinosaurs aren't my thing either.

Cute Tucker! He is my buddy :) It is kind of funny seeing a friend after being apart for so long, and it seems like you were in high school just yesterday. I met Jamie's kids and they instantly became my buddies. They are just like Gabe, and it feels like I knew them since they were born!


Hunting for bones. The boys fingered out that that was the point of these huge sand pits about 5 minutes before we left. For about an hour they just enjoyed scooping and dumping sand around. We didn't bother to tell them, cause well.... they were busy and it was quiet so we could chat :)






After the museum went stopped for ice cream cones. Yum!! The were so good!!


The big boys who didn't want to sit by their Mommies :)


Thanks for the fun day Lambourne's!!!

0 comments: