Saturday, August 11, 2012

He is five!

The big 5!
Gabriel had been counting the days until his birthday for months. He was so excited!! 
And I wanted to cry.
5 is a big number. It is the age when you begin the 12+ years of school and leave mommy behind.
*sigh*
I put on a brave face for my boy and we planned his party.
The weather in Washington is so unpredictable that we couldn't take the chance of rain to have a party outside. So we rented a room at our local indoor bouncy house, Charlie's Safari. 
But first, to begin the day he woke to find his presents on the table...



He opened them all and was very excited until he opened the beloved "slushy magic". He has dreamt about owning his own slushy magic ever since he watched the first info-mercial for it last year.now it is finally his!
As parents, however, we thought that this...
Would take the cake. 
Which, it was very exciting, but maybe drinking a homemade slushy WHILE riding it would make it more exciting.
After presents, it was off to our traditional IHOP breakfast. If I would let him, Gabe would order one plate of sausages. And he would lick his plate clean.


After breakfast, it was off the the party! The party was exactly what Gabe wanted (friends, jungle gym, screaming as loud as he can) and mine (hug and a kiss to my boys, then sit and watch the play out all their energy)








When I asked Gabe what kind of a cake he wanted this year, I was not suprised that he wanted a truck cake... But I was a little suprised he wanted a garbage truck.
Mmmmm....
Yum.

But before they could bring out the cake I made home, all the kids gathered to eat pizza. A childhood favorite and the only food that all 8 children will agree to eat.
Ta-da! The cake! And yes, it took a while.
We ate cake and ice cream, sang happy birthday, blew out the candles, and opened more presents.
Then I gave into the mob and handed out the coins for the arcade games.



In the end, my big boy was so happy. He had a great birthday and I am still have a hard tim with the fact that he is no longer asking for trucks and ninja costumes, and has started asking for iPads and four wheelers.
Happy Birthday Gabriel!!

























L

0 comments: