Sunday, July 29, 2012

Splish'n and a splash'n

We have had quite a few sweltering summer days here in Washington over the last few weeks.
Some of them have even reached as high as 80 degrees.
:)
So we took advantage of having friends in the military and joined them at the splash pad at JBLM. I am not exaggerating when I say it was like Fort Knox.
Yes, a mother with her two young children in her neighbors mini van is planning to take on your entire military base.
But I forgive you guys, and just for the record thanks for all you do:)
Once we saw the splash pad, my boys booked it across the parking lot and found us a place on the grass. 
Once the crowds got over my blindingly white legs, we got down to playing and splashing!
It was the coolest splash pad I have ever been too, hands down.
The boys thought so too!
I learned first hand how hard it is to capture your kids on camera on a splash pad. Next time I will remember to bring my poncho.





We had a glorious time! I was really nice to feel the sun hot on our skin for a while. 
And again, let me express my gratitude to our military for defending our country, and providing my children a wonderful afternoon.

0 comments: