Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ha ha...ha... so, funny story.

I do my best to keep my child from jumping off couches, scaling the banister, testing certain objects flight patterns from the balcony.

But I cannot save my child from himself.

Exhibit A. This looked a lot worse when it happened. He walked into our bedroom, tripped over his own feet and hit his forehead on my dresser drawers.

Head wounds bleed excessively. I thought for sure between the blood running down his face and matting his hair, that he had brain damage.

Nope, just this lovely gash. Oh, but he was brave. Brave enough as you can see that as I am calling instacare's to see if they are open, Dad was doing a photo shoot.

Between the doctor and the nurses we had repeated the story of how it happened at least 4 times. We just knew there was a nurse listening in with Child Protective Services on speed dial, in case our story changed.

7 stitches later, here he is. He was braver than I was while they were doing it. He even told the doctor "Thank You". But, needless to say my son now has a healthy fear of needles.

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Sad. Jonah has a matching one on his chin. They can be stitches buddies!!

Smith Family said...

That makes my stomache curl! I've heard the story, but seeing it while reading it was more difficult!