Saturday, March 27, 2010

I ran errands with Gabe the other day. One of the stores on my list was Target.
Gabriel has recently discovered that letters make up words and is constantly asking "what those ABC's say". I know, he is brilliant isn't he?
As I pulled him out of his car seat he asked "What is that?" and he pointed to the large Target symbol beside it's name.
"It's a bulls eye Buddy" I said "When you practise shooting, you aim at the bulls eye and try to hit it."
He mulled this over for a second before he asked "What do those ABCD's say?" while pointing to Target's name.
"Target" I said " That is the name of this store"
" Oh" he said nodding. Then he giggled "I get it."
"Really?" I thought, as I considered what he found so funny about the name Target. " Cause I'm lost." Is it normal to need your 2 yr old explain his inside jokes to you?

1 comments:

jpete777 said...

Don't worry Kim, I had to explain the "target" to Julie just recently. She also just figured out that there is an actual staple in the Staples logo.