Wednesday, April 14, 2010

If I could have the ability to reach through the telephone and strangle someone with their cord, I would choose the customer service agent I have spoken to on 4 different occasions.
Her inept ability for making me want to shoot myself or burn her house down is award winning.
My first debate with her lasted over an hour. My last one only took us 3 minutes before we were screaming, and 15 minutes before I hung up on her.
Our argument was a doosey.
We ordered a coffee table and 2 end tables. They were delivered to our home with the box broken and the corner of the table smashed off. Her company wanted me to rejected the shipment and send it back to them. Here is the kicker. I wanted to return the tables to them and THEY WANTED ME TO PAY FOR SHIPPING THE DAMAGED ONES BACK. A whopping $300.00 in shipping to be exact.Is that insane to anyone else?
I fought a hard battle. She was ruthless. I pulled out all the stops, including using her own
co-workers against her and I think I may have insulted her dog.
In the end, she called me back and in a very superior tone told me she was done arguing. She would return the product and I would not have to pay for shipping.
VICTORY!! But in her 'I will be the bigger person' tone, it was not as sweet.
I almost wanted to refuse the offer until she got on her knees and begged forgiveness, after apologizing of course... but I bit my tongue. I guess you take what you can get.

0 comments: