Friday, January 20, 2012

New year in the Contreras home

There won't be any pictures with this post because I can't figure out how to upload them from my ipad. It has been so long since my last blog post that I am not sure where to even begin! I think I will start with the boys. I will try not to brag too much about my boys (who am I kidding? This pretty much all that the upcoming updates will contain, bragging about the boys in my life).
Gabriel: what a wonderful first born! He started preschool in September and loves it. He can now recognize all his alphabet and write most too. He writes his name on everything (sometimes backwards because he gets "bored" writing it the same way all the time )He randomly recites the Pledge of Allegiance, tells stories about old ladies who swallow flies (and may die, kinda gruesome for kids books right?), and loves to say family prayers. He is always watching his brother while Mommy gets something done, and loves to wrestle his brother. He still loves anything with wheels, tractors, cars, trucks, planes... You get the idea. He meticulously sets up construction sites, then Makes the workers introduce themselves until an "emergency" happens and the workers then act out what can only be described as a scene from Titanic. It is so entertaining to watch:) he is still very tall and very skinny, and I cannot keep the holes out of the knees of his jeans. I guess holes in your jeans mean your having a fun childhood right? I love my Gabie boy! He is so sweet and thoughtful!
Landon: oh boy. Landon is giving us a run for our money! His current favorite things to do include: opening drawers and unloading their contents onto the floor, opening all cupboards to unload their contents, and reaching items out of his reach by standing on wipee boxes or suitcases or anything else handy. Gabe was never a trouble maker like this baby is! Oh well, his huge chubby cheeks and dimples make it all worth it for Mama:) he is 10 mths. And wearing 2T. He is saying mama and dada and pointing to what he wants. He loves to dance and will hear music when no one else did. He is the best at snuggling and giving kisses and I just wish I could sit all day and do just that with my baby!
As for the whole family? Well we have been busy. Really busy. We have decided to move our little family to Seattle, WA where Hector has a job opportunity. I have always wanted to visit Seattle and have always said it would be on my top list of places to live. Well, here is my chance! And yes, we are only an hour and a half from Forks:) if any friends out there want to come and visit a while please do! I would love to see a familiar face! We have been hearer for a couple weeks now and we love it so far!

0 comments: